Futurecast is committed to safeguarding your privacy on its World Wide web sites.
Futurecast’s web sites located at the domains www.thefuturecast.com, microsites that Futurecast may create in the future, and extranet sites that Futurecast
has now or may create or use in the future (the “web sites”).
Who is collecting information?
When you are on Futurecast’s web sites and are asked for personal information, you are sharing that information with Futurecast and its affiliates and service providers. If you do not want your data to be shared, you can choose not to allow the transfer by not using that particular service.
What information does Barkley collect from you?
Futurecast collects or may in the future collect the following categories of personally identifiable information through the web sites: your name (or company name), address, phone, email address, username, and password.
If you register at any of our web sites, you will no longer be anonymous to Futurecast and you will be able to take better advantage of our services. We reserve the right to ask you for your Futurecast account information or a Futurecast account number.
We may ask you for information at other times, such as when you report a problem with our web sites or services, or contact the company via the corporate or other e-mail addresses provided at the web sites. If you contact Barkley, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Futurecast reserves the right to collect the following additional personally identifiable information from you via the web sites or via other means or methods:
- Information necessary to install and use any new features we add to the web sites;
- Additional personal and company information if you become a customer or client of Futurecast;
- Pertinent payment and financial information, such as credit card information, bank account information, or other information necessary to effect payment for our services if you become a customer or client of Futurecast;
- Your Futurecast account number;
- Such other information as may be necessary or useful for us to serve you.
If you believe that any inaccurate or inappropriate information has been obtained or disseminated through your use of the web sites, you should contact a representative of Barkley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How does Futurecvast use the information?
Futurecvast’s primary goal in collecting information is to improve the web sites and provide the user with the best possible experience on the web site.
Futurecast will also use your personal information to notify you of other products or services available from Futurecast and its affiliates.
Futurecast may research its users’ demographics and behavior based on the information provided to us upon registration, gathered from transaction activity, from our server log files or from surveys. This research may be compiled, analyzed or sold on an aggregated basis, which does not include information identifying individual users. Futurecast also may share this aggregated data with business partners or other third parties.
Futurecast may also use your information in the ways stated immediately below under “With whom does Futurecast share your information?”
With whom does Futurecast share your information?
- Personally Identifiable or Account Information. Futurecast may provide your personally identifiable information and account information to third parties under the following circumstances or for the following purposes:
- Futurecast may provide such information for the purpose of processing that information on behalf of Futurecast. Such disclosure is made to Futurecast’s affiliates and trusted business partners or persons, and Futurecast asks that such parties process the information only in accordance with Futurecast’s instructions and maintain appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- Futurecast may provide such information for use in website hosting, packaging and mailing, order fulfillment, answering customer questions about products or services, sending postal mail, providing investor information and processing data. Such disclosure is made to companies who may provide such services to FutureCast. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
- Futurecast may provide such information when Futurecast has reason to believe that disclosing such information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating Futurecast’s Terms of Service, or may otherwise be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) Futurecast’s rights or property, other Futurecast web site users or customers, or anyone else who could be harmed by such activities.
- Futurecast may provide such information when Futurecast believes in good faith that the law requires it, or for administrative and other purposes that we deem necessary to maintain, service and improve our products and services.
- Futurecast may provide such information in response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
2. Futurecast may provide such information if Futurecast acquires, or is acquired by or merged with another company, or if Futurecast sells or buys the assets of another person or company. In such transactions, confidential and personally identifiable customer or client information generally is one of the transferred business assets. In the event of a transaction involving the sale of some or all of Futurecast businesses, customer and site visitor information may be one of the
- Data in the Aggregate. Futurecast may disclose blinded aggregated data and user statistics to prospective partners and other third parties, as well as to others for lawful purposes. Blinded data is data which does not identify an individual person.
What are cookies and how does Futurecast use them?
How can I control my personal information?
You may contact us at legal@TheFuturecast.com if you wish to view, edit or delete your personal information from our database, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to accommodate your request. Moreover, as noted above, if you do not want your data to be shared, you can choose not to allow the transfer by not using that particular service.
Does Futurecast protect financial information collected on its web sites?
Futurecast does not presently collect financial information via its web sites; however, as stated above, it reserves the right to do so in the future.
Security precautions to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information.
Your Futurecast Account Information and Futurecast Profile are password-protected; however, Futurecast does not presently use encryption technology for passwords, registration, or other information.
We strongly recommend that you sign out of your Futurecast account and close your browser window when you have finished your work or viewing of Futurecast’s web sites. This is to ensure that others cannot access your account by using your computer when you are away from it.
Because of the global nature of the World Wide Web and the Internet, when you give us information, that information may be sent electronically to servers outside of the country where you originally entered the information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Since Futurecast web sites do not use security encryption measures, information that you disclose by use of this site (as with any site that is non-secure), by posting a message or using e-mail, potentially could be collected and used by others. This may result in unsolicited messages from third parties or use of such information by third parties for their own purposes, legal or illegal.
As a result, although Futurecast strives to protect your personal information, Futurecast cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our services, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we use reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
What else should I know about my privacy?
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose information online, that information is accessible to other customers and users. Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and/or any account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online.
When you or Futurecast end your customer relationship with us, we will treat the information we have about you as if you were still our customer.
Questions and Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us at legal@TheFuturecast.com.